WELCOME TO STOOL SCHOOL
by Carol Brotherton
The year is 2016, and I have had Crohn’s disease since 1977. In the beginning, I had Crohn’s disease flares. My flares lasted for months. Intestinal bleeding, liquid stools, and abdominal pain caused my weight to drop to as low as 88 pounds. During flares I was weak and couldn’t care for myself, my husband, or our two sons. I never used any drugs, and I never had any surgeries; yet since 1981, I have enjoyed an amazing remission…
The purpose for this website is to share my IBD diet story:
- it’s about what works for me 100% of the time
- it’s about how science explains why it works for me
- it’s about offering educational information and PhD-educated opinions – I offer no advice and have nothing to sell
I am not a medical doctor, and I do not offer medical advice – I only offer educational information and my own educated opinions.
I have two primary goals:
1) to clear up misconceptions about dietary fiber and gut inflammation
2) to help people understand how dietary fiber effects the gut microbiome
Again, I offer no advice, and I have nothing to sell or any connections to commercial enterprise.
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE:
The materials on this website are for general educational information only. Information read on this website cannot replace a relationship with a healthcare professional. This website does not provide medical services or advice, and the information on this website should not be considered medical advice. Users of this website should always talk to a healthcare provider for diagnosis and treatment. Health information changes quickly. Therefore, it is always best to consult with one’s healthcare provider.
The sponsor of this website does not warrant any of the information contained in it and hereby specifically disclaims any and all warranties and promises regarding the effectiveness of any remedies and/or methods of treatment described herein. Users of this website are urged to consult their health care providers for all treatment options.
PLEASE NOTE: It is necessary to read the information contained in pages listed under the “Scratching the Surface” tab first to understand information provided under the “Digging Deeper” tab. Therefore, please carefully read the following “Scratching the Surface” pages FIRST:
- My Story
- About Dietary Fiber
- About Wheat Bran
- About Kellogg’s All-Bran Bran Buds®
- About the American Low Fiber Diet
- About People with IBD Avoiding Fiber
- About Other Brans
- About My Food Choices (Why I Love My ‘Diet’)